Funding for the first ever SCI Artist-Innovator Fund is now available from the Center for Cultural Innovations. The goal of this grant program is to help people with spinal cord injuries make their creative project or innovation into a sustainable business. Up to $7500 will be awarded to 10-12 artists, innovators, inventors, makers, and entrepreneurs for social-impact oriented, creative entrepreneurship projects.
Application deadline: June 12, 2019.
Who can apply?
- Artists (visual artists, musicians, dancers, media artists, sculptors, filmmakers, etc.);
- Cultural practitioners (one who is continuing to keep a cultural identity and/or tradition alive);
- Makers (creators of new devices or reimagining existing ones, DIYers, self-made life hackers in fields ranging from food to crafts to technology); or
- Hackers – problem solvers and innovators whose creation reflects sustained refining much like a craft, or artistic practice would.
- Is the project innovative?
- Does the project reflect or further the applicant’s artistic, creative, craft, or cultural practice?
- Does the project have a feasible business plan?
- Does the project have the potential to develop into self-sustaining revenue?
- Will the project have a positive social impact?
Get your dream off the drawing board
Connect with SCI Artist Innovator Fund and find out how they can help finance your business.