The NYC Spinal Advocacy Task Force has been set-up to ensure that the voices of people with spinal cord injuries and other disabilities are heard and taken into consideration when it comes to legislation and public policy.
Keep the Momentum Rolling
United Spinal’s Annual Roll on Capitol Hill (ROCH), has allowed our members to join with advocates from across the county to visit with and educate Congressional leaders about the policy issues that impact the health, independence and quality of life of individuals living with spinal cord injuries and disorders, including disabled veterans. The Advocacy Task Force will reinforce those efforts by engaging our local government representatives in the conversation to ensure that our voices are heard.
Monthly meetings and email updates will keep members informed of legislation and policy initiatives that affect their everyday lives. Together we will work to impact change and ensure that people with SCI/D and other disabilities receive the services they need to fully participate in their community.
Be an Advocate
Join the Advocacy Task Force. Stay informed and receive our free newsletter.
Why We Advocate
- To Preserve & Enhance Disability Rights
- To Make All Transportation Accessible
- To Improve Community Support & Services
- To Improve Public Accessibility
- To Be Able To Select Where & How We Receive Care & Services
- To Harness Our Combined Power To Facilitate Change For The Better
- To Secure & Retain Veterans Benefits
- To Improve Health Care For Veterans
- To Preserve The Rights Guaranteed By The ADA
- To Secure Appropriate Medical Supplies & Pharmaceuticals
- To Obtain Appropriate Wheelchairs & Assistive Technologies